Join us for March Madness with Ask a Librarian. It a month where each day brings a surprising fact, a fun activity, or an Ask a Librarian award … and a chance to brag about our incredible services!
Ask a Librarian Day was just the beginning. We are taking the month of March to promote Ask a Librarian and to encourage you to promote Ask a Librarian to your users and co-workers.
When you talk about Ask a Librarian, the key message is: Ask a Librarian is a an online service available at Askalibrarian.org (or your library’s website) website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian for FREE! Its open until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday and email is always available.
Every week day in March, Traci and I are planning to email and blog either a fun fact about the service, give out an award from a box of treasures under my desk or challenge you with an activity. The goal is to be light-hearted and fun while reminding you and your coworkers to promote the service!
We hope to hear a lot from you this month as well! Let us know what you think of the facts and awards and participate in the challenges. We promise nothing hard – just something to help keep Ask a Librarian in your mind this month a little more than normal.
Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) – Spread the Word!
Inform your users with these talking points:
• For live help when you’re not in our library, visit askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
• You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
• Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
• Ask a Librarian is open until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
• If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat, you can always email your question to us, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.