Ask a Librarian March Madness Month
Where each day brings a surprising fact, a fun activity, or an Ask a Librarian award … and a chance to brag about our incredible services!
And the Ask a Librarian Award goes to…
With more than 100 libraries participating and more than 1000 fabulous librarians trained, Ask a Librarian thrives on providing excellent customer service to patrons all across Florida. One key to excellent customer service is picking up patrons quickly… a quick response time tells the patron his or her needs are important to us, and that our trained librarians are here to help. So, now, a little bit of Ask a Librarian trivia….
Which staff has the the quickest response time to a customer?
Larry Cooperman of Everglades University! His average response time? With 57 sessions in January, Larry’s average response time was 20 seconds.
Way to go, Larry! A secret prize will arrive on your doorstep in the next few weeks.
Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) – Spread the Word!
Inform your patrons with these talking points:
· For live help when you’re not in our library, visit askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
· You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
· Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
· Ask a Librarian is open until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
· If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat, you can always email your question to us, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.