Where each day brings a surprising fact, a fun activity, or an Ask a Librarian award … and a chance to brag about our incredible services!
Customer Service is an ongoing focus of Ask a Librarian. We strongly believe it is the key to the service’s success. Every day, we see some incredible sessions. We often have customers email us or post in sessions comments like, “Kalli gave me information for the book(s) she helped me find and now I have them and wanted to thank her for her not good but great help. Thank you.”
Reading through Ask a Librarian transcripts and the exemplary reference award nominees, really shows me how AAL can positively affect our users lives.
Many of you are now masters in the virtual reference domain and we want to know! How do you do it – do you have some great customer service tips & tricks under your sleeve? Share your wisdom with your peers on Ask a Librarian.
Send in your tips (email@example.com) by Friday, March 19th to win a special prize!
Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) – Spread the Word!
Inform your users with these talking points:
- For live help when you’re not in our library, visit askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
- You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
- Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
- Ask a Librarian is open until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
- If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat, you can always email your question to us, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.