Ask a Librarian March Madness Month
Where each day brings a surprising fact, a fun activity, or an Ask a Librarian award … and a chance to brag about our incredible services!
When Orange County Library System added an Ask a Librarian logo (of their own design) to the Orange County Library System catalog pages, their number of monthly chats jumped from 27-85 chats per month to an average of 270 chats per month. Wow – that’s a serious jump. Way to go, OCLS!
Want those numbers for your own library system? Look out for this Friday’s TGIF Tips for suggestions on marketing Ask a Librarian for your library, or contact us today to ask about how to increase your library’s visibility of Ask a Librarian to your own users.
Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) – Spread the Word!
Inform your patrons with these talking points:
· For live help when you’re not in our library, visit askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
· You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
· Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
· Ask a Librarian is open until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
· If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat, you can always email your question to us, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.