Ask a Librarian March Madness Month
Where each day brings a surprising fact, a fun activity, or an Ask a Librarian award … and a chance to brag about our incredible services!
When Ask a Librarian first went “live” on July 28, 2003, it was open from 12pm – 5 pm EST, Monday thru Friday.
That’s right – no mornings, no nights, no weekends, and no Academic Desk… but because you staffed together – and staffed well – the service continued to blossom into the incredible resource it is now. Today, we open at 10 am 7 days a week, close at midnight five days a week and 5 pm the other two, and have more Desk options including the Academic Desk – which, alone, is open more hours today than the entire service was at its inception. We couldn’t even fit one week of the statewide library schedule neatly on this page – that’s how much we’ve grown. And it’s all thanks to all of you. Go, team, Go!
Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) – Spread the Word!
Inform your patrons with these talking points:
· For live help when you’re not in our library, visit askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
· You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
· Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
· Ask a Librarian is open until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
· If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat, you can always email your question to us, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.