Ask a Librarian March Madness Month
Where each day brings a surprising fact, a fun activity, or an Ask a Librarian award … and a chance to brag about our incredible services!
And the Ask a Librarian Award goes to…
Each month, members of Ask a Librarian’s Quality Assurance Workgroup work hard to seek out and recognize those above-and-beyond chat transcripts in three categories: Exemplary Brief Chat, Exemplary Detailed Chat, and Exemplary Teaching Chat. We encourage you to nominate your own fantastic sessions (by using the closing status “NOMINATE ME FOR EXEMPLARY REFERENCE AWARD”) or someone else’s sessions using the online form in the Agent Console & the Ask a Librarian toolbox. Transcripts of the Exemplary Reference Award-winning chats offer a tremendous learning experience in so many areas, including reference interview skills, research strategies, and customer service techniques. We encourage you to explore these next time you are in the Ask a Librarian Toolbox, and to look for ways you can excel even further with your own users.
Question: Which individual has received the most Exemplary Reference Awards?
Answer: Susan Livingston of South Florida Community College, who has won 4 Exemplary Reference Awards:
April 2007, Exemplary Detailed Chat
June 2007, Exemplary Teaching Chat
April 2008, Exemplary Teaching Chat
October 2008, Exemplary Teaching Chat
We are very proud of you, Susan! Thank you for working so hard to meet, and then exceed, the users’ expectations. Please watch for a secret prize to arrive on your doorsteps in the next few weeks.
Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) – Spread the Word!
Inform your patrons with these talking points:
· For live help when you’re not in our library, visit askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
· You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
· Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
· Ask a Librarian is open until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
· If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat, you can always email your question to us, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.