The main point of March Madness is to spread the word about Ask a Librarian! We want every person in every library to be able to talk about the service to users, and when we say everyone – we mean everyone. From student assistants and volunteers to directors and maintenance, everyone should know the basics of the service!
This can often be a challenge. We find at times the only people who know about our great service is the people who staff it. So, the next challenge is checking in to see how well you are spreading the word at your library.
Here is a quick quiz about Ask a Librarian – http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AALQuickQuiz The only people who can take the quiz and win a valuable prize are people in your library who do not staff Ask a Librarian! So, pass this link to co-workers and have them show off their knowledge of the service. A drawing will be held on March 31 to select 5 entries for prizes.
We will also be giving out a March Madness Award to the person who refers the most people to the quiz! So- don’t be shy! Spread the word about the quiz.
Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) – Spread the Word!
Inform your users with these talking points:
• For live help when you’re not in our library, visit askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
• You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
• Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
• Ask a Librarian is open until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
• If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat, you can always email your question to us, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.