Where each day brings a surprising fact, a fun activity, or an Ask a Librarian award … and a chance to brag about our incredible services!
Question: How many people are subscribed to the Ask a Librarian AskRef listserv?
Answer: There are 1,128 individuals actively subscribed to AskRef.
That’s right – over eleven hundred library staff, representing more than 100 library systems across the state of Florida. Over eleven hundred staff that can help you field stubborn reference stumpers, exchange desk hours with you when your branch or campus is expecting a crazy few days, or post SOS calls when Academic or Collaborative is hit by a wave of users. We use the listserv to post important schedule and software updates, training information, and to seek help on needed shifts – but we want you to use it, too. The opportunity for networking and collaboration across systems benefits you and your library employer alike. And the chance to shine in next year’s Most Likely to Save Us award: priceless.
Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) – Spread the Word!
Inform your patrons with these talking points:
· For live help when you’re not in our library, visit askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
· You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
· Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
· Ask a Librarian is open until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
· If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat, you can always email your question to us, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.