Over the month, Traci and I have had a lot of fun bringing you fun facts, awards for individuals and tried to challenge you with your knowledge and enthusiasm for the service. We really hope you enjoyed our March Madness WOMM campaign.
We took the month of March to promote Ask a Librarian daily to you and encourage you to spread the word about this service! There are five simple talking points we wanted you to share (and continue) sharing with your users:
- For live help when you’re not in our library, visit askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
- You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
- Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
- Ask a Librarian is open until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
- If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat, you can always email your question to us, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Over the past month, we gave out a lot of awards. We will be presenting certificates to the winners at FLA along with the winners of Exemplary Reference Awards from the past year.
A complete list of winners is available at: http://askalibrarian.org/blog/?p=835.
We thank everyone for playing along and for spreading the word about our incredible service! It is definitely a testament to all of you that the service continues to grow every month! In March, Ask a Librarian again answered a record number of questions (check the statistics when we post!). The reason they come back again and again – our expertise, great customer service and help when they need it!