The Florida Electronic Library—your gateway to superior electronic resources that offer access to comprehensive, accurate, and reliable information—offers a training program designed to meet the needs of all library staff. With its blended curriculum, you can take advantage of the training that best suits your learning style: on demand, live webinar, or on-site in your library.
Homework Help Using FEL Resources
Get an overview of the best FEL resources to use when assisting elementary, middle, and high school students with homework assignments. A multidisciplinary approach will be used to teach attendees about the FEL resources geared to the library staff and a student audience. Reference questions and assignments will be provided to help teach the practical application of the database to real life student research. The attendees will be taught the most effective and efficient search strategies to obtain the best results for student questions and research.
This session is ideal for children and youth services staff, media specialists, and anyone helping students with research.
- Always available on demand
- Live webinar Thursday, October 7 at 11:00 a.m.
Register online at http://www.flelibrary.org/training/.
Other courses available include:
- The World of FEL/Gale Resources: A General Product Overview
- Patron Outreach: Creating Easy Access and Increasing Usage of FEL Resources
- A Healthy Perspective: Health Research Using FEL Resources
- FEL QuickStart: General and Academic OneFile Searches
- The Power of Web 2.0: Best Practices Using FEL Resources
- Getting Down to Business: Effective Use of FEL Business Resources
- Following the Trends: Understanding FEL Reports and Analysis Data
- Making It Personal: Customizing Your FEL Products