We are live on text messaging today.
It should be somewhat quiet in the queue with our soft launch but please remember:
– If you are scheduled for either the collaborative desk or the academic desk, you must staff the texting queue as well.
– Texts will enter the system in the ‘Mail Queue’ for the texting department.
– If you are staffing locally, texting is optional but you are welcome to staff the queue as well.
– Each text reply must start with a “!”
– Use the SMS Helper and Scripts, they are there to help you.
Some Additional Resources:
- The local phone numbers and keywords for your users are listed here. Promote your number and keyword locally!!!! Post it on your website, blogs, mobile pages, facebook pages and anywhere else you promote services!
- Tips, Tricks and Tools for texting are at: http://askalibrarianfl.pbworks.com/Texting – this site is evolving daily, so check back often.
- Training is ongoing – (http://www.tblc.org/ws_classes.php?statewide=YES#firstMatch) and its also available on-demand on the wiki.
We will be rolling out local numbers onto local Ask a Librarian Portal pages and widgets this week with more PR to follow.
Please continue to contact us with questions, comments & experiences with texting. This is new to all of us and only if we work together will this be a success. We are tweaking settings, policies and training based upon your feedback!