The Florida Electronic Library—your gateway to superior electronic resources that offer access to comprehensive, accurate, and reliable information—offers a training programdesigned to meet the needs of all library staff. With its blended curriculum, you can take advantage of the training that best suits your learning style: on demand, live webinar, or on-site in your library.
The World of FEL/Gale Resources: A General Product Overview
This course will provide attendees with a multidisciplinary overview of the FEL/Gale resources with an emphasis on how each of the resources will practically apply to possible reference desk questions and research projects. Learn more efficient and effective strategies for answering questions and conducting research using the FEL resources. Attendees will also learn how to best use tools like search alerts, bookmarks, language translation, user accounts, mark lists, and more. A dynamic training approach will be provided with practice lab search questions, reference role-playing sessions, and simulated patron research projects.
This session is ideal for anyone helping patrons with research.
- Always available on demand
- Live webinar Friday, November 5 at 1:00 p.m.
Register online at http://www.flelibrary.org/training/.
Other courses available include:
- Homework Help: Using FEL Resources
- Patron Outreach: Creating Easy Access and Increasing Usage of FEL Resources
- A Healthy Perspective: Health Research Using FEL Resources
- FEL QuickStart: General and Academic OneFile Searches
- The Power of Web 2.0: Best Practices Using FEL Resources
- Getting Down to Business: Effective Use of FEL Business Resources
- Following the Trends: Understanding FEL Reports and Analysis Data
- Making It Personal: Customizing Your FEL Products