Don’t forget… the third annual Ask a Librarian Day is Tuesday, February 22nd!
Ask a Librarian Day is a day to focus on Ask a Librarian within your library. Use this statewide event to promote the service to all of your library’s users and to other staff members who might not be aware of the great service. You will be joined by other libraries across the state in a true reflection of Ask a Librarian’s foundation of collaboration and service to library users across Florida.
Have you chosen who will be your Ask a Librarian Ambassador? Don’t forget to register for the statewide challenge! In case you missed it, you can get details of the challenge, as well as some ideas for the Big Event at your library, in this blog post. You and your AaL Ambassador will team up on Ask a Librarian Day to take Word-of-Mouth-Marketing to a whole new level. Let them sit in on a chat, and then let the games begin! Keep a journal and take lots of display, staff, & user photos – we want all the gooey details. We’re looking to alert more & more users about Ask a Librarian, and let everyone know which ideas had outstanding reception so that you can incorporate them into your own library’s future programming and events. Next month, March Madness Month will be a platform to showcase some of your greatest efforts; we’ll even hold a few contests to commemorate some of our most die-hard marketers with a snazzy Ask a Librarian book pack!
All libraries should have received their Ask a Librarian stickers for staff to wear on Ask a Librarian Day, so grab yours and get ready to spread the word. Order more Ask a Librarian stickers – as well as bookmarks, lanyards, and posters – by visiting https://info.askalibrarian.org/promotional.php.
Remember to share these important talking points:
• If you ever need help when you’re not in our library, visit http://www.askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
• Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
• Ask a Librarian is open for live chat and texting until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday, and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
• You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
• If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat or texting, you can always email your question, and your library’s staff will get back to you within 24 hours.