Ask a Librarian Day
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Today is Ask a Librarian Day!
Today marks the third annual Ask a Librarian Day, a statewide effort to increase awareness of Ask a Librarian to other library staff as well as library users.
What are you doing to get the word out?
Blog it! Broadcast it! Script it!
Tell us how you and your AaL Ambassadors are meeting the statewide challenge!
Send us your photos and plans, your posters and streamers and table tents, reference displays, baked goods, lanyard raffles, QR codes, scavenger hunts, bookmark check-outs, patron blog posts. Check out Kira’s video, Mike’s screen display, Lynn’s blog post, and Ann & Friends ‘s posters that reach out and grab patrons’ attention. Are you feeling inspired yet? Don’t forget to take pictures. And hop on the desks today just to say hello and show your spirit to your peers statewide…
These are the important talking points to share with all of your users today:
· If you ever need help when you’re not in our library, visit askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
· Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
· Ask a Librarian is open for live chat and texting until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday, and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
· You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
· If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat or texting, you can always email your question, and your library’s staff will get back to you within 24 hours.