March Madness Month
A month of surprising facts, informative highlights, and fun activities
… all for the chance to brag about our incredible services!
On February 22nd, our third annual Ask a Librarian Day was a great opportunity for staff statewide to market Ask a Librarian to their coworkers and to library users. We are receiving some terrific photos from libraries who celebrated AaL Day locally, and some awesome stories from our AaL Ambassador challenge participants, which we will continue posting this month. Click here to view AaL Day photos, or here to read blog posts.
This year, we will continue the increased promotion with our second annual March Madness Month. Like last year, we will use the month of March to promote Ask a Librarian and to encourage you to promote Ask a Librarian to your own colleagues and users. The idea is to get you thinking about the benefits of Ask a Librarian so that you get talking – because when you recommend Ask a Librarian to a student or patron, or when you remind a coworker just how late Ask a Librarian is really open (midnight 5 days a week; 5pm the other 2), you’re actively participating in Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM). WOMM is all about spreading the word of something you know a bit about; something that you personally support. That promotion increases usage… and that’s what March Madness Month is all about. We’re organizing last years photos for you, but you can click here to read some of last year’s posts.
Keep in mind these important talking points:
• If you ever need help when you’re not in our library, visit www.askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
• Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
• Ask a Librarian is open for live chat and texting until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday, and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
• You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
• If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat or texting, you can always email your question, and your library’s staff will get back to you within 24 hours.
Please join us in the support and promotion of Ask a Librarian this month by participating and sharing your thoughts and experiences with us!