If you are using Meebo Messenger, the service will be shutting down on July 11th. Are you looking for a replacement to chat with your students or patrons? Then Ask A Librarian is the switch you are looking for. Ask A Librarian can provide you with the same chat availability by embedding a widget on your library website.
Ask A Librarian is a free service funded through the Florida Electronic Library: As Florida’s collaborative virtual reference service, Ask A Librarian allows users to connect with librarians via live chat, texting, and email for assistance with reference questions and research. Ask A Librarian is funded under the provisions of the LSTA from the IMLS and administered through the State Library of Florida. The service offers participating libraries FREE collaborative software, a local desk option, and an email management system. We also provide in-depth statistical reports.
Widgets and Instant Invite: Widgets, embedded links making interactive chat seamless, and Instant Invite, a proactive chatting service, make Ask A Librarian an integral part of your virtual reference program. Statistics have shown a significant increase in local chat for libraries that use Instant Invites and have a widget embedded on their site.
- Option to set up and chat similar to Meebo Messenger
- Customize your widget with your library colors, fonts, and themes
- Availability to embed on multiple website pages including Primo and LibGuides
- Set up to chat or email if a librarian in unavailable
- Many customization options available
- Enables librarians to proactively invite website visitors to chat with librarians
- Allows you to set up conditional rules for pop-ups based on time, location, and context
Mobile Ask a Librarian: Ask A Librarian is also optimized for use on mobile devices and tablets. Check out this short video to see the mobile version!
Get Started:Looking to get started with Ask A Librarian? Please contact Jessica Riggins for more information at email@example.com or 813-622-8252 ext. 226