Are your calendars marked?
The THIRD ANNUAL ASK A LIBRARIAN DAY is Tuesday, February 22nd!!!!
Ask a Librarian Day is a day to focus on Ask a Librarian within your library. Use this statewide event to promote the service to all of your library’s users and to other staff members who might not be aware of the great service. You will be joined by other libraries across the state in a true reflection of Ask a Librarian’s foundation of collaboration and service to library users across Florida.
Many of you have been sitting with your AaL Ambassadors during your shift(s) so that those who don’t staff Ask a Librarian see for themselves the incredible service at their users’ fingertips. Remember, each of you is encouraged to choose an Ask a Librarian Ambassador to promote Ask a Librarian in a big way. If you haven’t registered yourself & your AaL Ambassador for the statewide challenge, be sure to register today! In case you missed it, you can get details of the challenge and ideas for your own library in these earlier blog posts. All libraries should have received their Ask a Librarian stickers for staff to wear on Ask a Librarian Day, so get yours ready to wear on Tuesday, stack those bookmarks next to your check-out posts, and string up those lanyards and posters across your libraries. (Who says lanyards are just for your neck?) Decorate cookies or cupcakes. Have all staff don red, white, or blue shirts. If you’re available, hop on the Collaborative or Academic Desk on Tuesday unscheduled, and share your support for Ask a Librarian with your statewide peers.
And don’t be shy with your Ask a Librarian stash – remember that you can always order more stickers, bookmarks, lanyards, and posters for later by visiting http://info.askalibrarian.org/promotional.php.
Here are important talking points to share with every user and coworker you meet:
• If you ever need help when you’re not in our library, visit http://www.askalibrarian.org (or find the link on our library’s website).
• Ask a Librarian is a website where you can go to get your questions answered by a real librarian.
• Ask a Librarian is open for live chat and texting until midnight ET Sunday through Thursday, and until 5 p.m. ET Friday and Saturday.
• You can use Ask a Librarian for free.
• If Ask a Librarian isn’t open for chat or texting, you can always email your question, and your library’s staff will get back to you within 24 hours.
Tuesday, February 22nd – are you ready?