The Florida Electronic Library—your gateway to superior electronic resources that offers access to comprehensive, accurate, and reliable information—offers a training program designed to meet the needs of all library staff. With its blended curriculum, you can take advantage of the training that best suits your learning style. Choose from on demand, live webinar or on-site in your library.
Reader’s Advisory Using the Florida Electronic Library
This course will provide attendees with an overview of FEL’s new resource – Books & Authors, which provides reader’s advisory for children’s, young adult, and adult fiction and non-fiction. Books & Authors is specially designed to complement the browsing habits of today’s Web user, integrating easy-to-follow menus that allow users to broaden and narrow their searches according to author, title, series, awards and other criteria. At the same time, its meticulously edited database — developed by a team of genre experts – delivers up-to-date, reliable information. The instructor will demonstrate how to efficiently and effectively get the most out of Books & Authors.
This session is ideal for all library staff.
· Live webinar Monday, January 10 at 12:00 p.m.
· Live webinar Friday, January 21 at 2:00 p.m.
Register online at http://www.flelibrary.org/training/.
Other courses available include:
· The World of FEL/Gale Resources: A General Product Overview
· Homework Help: Using FEL Resources
· Patron Outreach: Creating Easy Access and Increasing Usage of FEL Resources
· A Healthy Perspective: Health Research Using FEL Resources
· FEL QuickStart: General and Academic OneFile Searches
· The Power of Web 2.0: Best Practices Using FEL Resources
· Following the Trends: Understanding FEL Reports and Analysis Data
· Making It Personal: Customizing Your FEL Products
Stephanie F. Race
Division of Library and Information Services
R.A. Gray Building, 2nd Floor North
500 South Bronough Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
Florida Library Training Calendar
Please take a few minutes to provide feedback on the quality of service you received from our staff. The Florida Department of State values your feedback as a customer. Dawn K. Roberts, Florida Interim Secretary of State, is committed to continuously assessing and improving the level and quality of services provided to you. Simply click on the link to the “DOS Customer Satisfaction Survey.” Thank you in advance for your participation.
DOS Customer Satisfaction Survey